Sunday 30 January 2011

My First Post! Trends for the New Season

For 2011 I told myself I'd do something I've wanted to do for a long time: create my own homeware blog. And here it is! Welcome to High Street Home, and my first post.

As it's the beginning of the year I thought I'd begin with showcasing some key trends for Spring/Summer 2011.

Look One: Industrial Apartment

Think studio apartment in the Big Smoke. Key themes are exposed brickwork, simple pendant lighting, quirky artwork and bold, brassy colours. Get the look on the high street from Habitat and Muji.
Image Credit: Apartment therapy

Look Two: Folk

This look is great for the Spring/Summer season as this trend focuses on pretty florals, girly prints and vintage-inspired pieces, alongside natural wooden furniture. Find great high street pieces at John Lewis and Marks & Spencer.
Image credit: John Lewis

Look Three: Simplicity

A timeless classic trend that works in any living space. Think white-washed walls, wood, wicker, church candles and glassware. Simple, clean-cut and classy. Create the look using high street shops The White Company and Toast.
All available from The White Company. Gorgeous!
These are just a few trends, and there will be many more as the season progresses but happy shopping until then!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...