Thursday 17 May 2012

The Discovery of a Local Flea

Last week I was SUPER excited to discover that my home town holds a flea market every Wednesday night, so this week I made it my mission to head down and snap up some bargains! I'd heard that the locals are on-the-ball so I headed down early to join the 200-strong queue that were waiting for opening time. I can see why there was such a huge queue as there were some real bargains to be had. Everything was so cheap that some stalls were cleared within half an hour!

Here's a couple of snaps of what I picked up:

I found a lovely cream crotchet throw with gorgeous scalloped edges, a red velvet cushion cover, a beautiful old brass photo frame, some doilies, buttons and these two amazing sugar shakers. No photo would do these glass shakers justice as they are so so lovely. They have striped bases topped with a diamond-cut pattern and are in such good condition.

I also found a copy of The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady (a print of which is in the photo frame above and below). I plan on using tear sheets from this book to frame.

Here's a couple more pages from the book that I will frame:
Here's hoping that I can snap up something just as good next week.

{Images: Laura Blanksby for High Street Home}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...