Monday 28 February 2011

Emily Peacock Cushions

Hands up who loved Kirstie's Homemade Home? I know I did! A real highpoint of the series for me was discovering textile designer Emily Peacock and her beautifully ornate cushion range. Emily sells her ware as needlework kits which you stitch yourself at home. The kits cost £54.99 for the small size and come with everything you need to guide you through the process, with the end result being a beautiful cushion you made all by yourself (well, sort of). Be warned though the kits only contain the materials needed for the front design-you'll need to buy the cushion padding, backing fabric and pom pom trim yourself.
If cross stitch isn't your cup of tea, I've just discovered these similar cushions launched in Marks and Spencer's Vintage Floral range. No needles required! These cushions are great pick-me-ups for a tired sofa or bed, and are less than £30 each.

Home Cushion £25 from Marks and Spencer

Love Cushion £29.50 from Marks and Spencer
Whilst browsing Emily's website I also uncovered these lovely circus-inspired lettered cushions which I just had to show you as they are just so COOL. What do you reckon?
Check out Emily Peacock's full textile range here which will take you to her website. On here you'll also see work from her recent collaboration with artist Rob Ryan.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...