Wednesday 14 December 2011

Christmas Wish List No.14

Vintage china seems to be having a bit of a renaissance at the minute. Weddings, summer fêtes and kitsch cafés are all re-introducing the noble tea-cup and saucer, all to a great effect. I, personally, can think of nothing better than drinking tea from a tiny bone china tea-cup and eating cake off a matching side plate. The only down-side to it is that they seem to be a lot harder to come across than they used to. I remember charity shops, car boots and junk shops being full of them, though now they are more scarce as the desirability has rocketed. But for those that still want their fix, Tesco Direct have now started selling bone china trios and plates. I know, I couldn't believe it either! The range is not huge but they have some pretty pieces...








I must say I was surprised to see Tesco were selling these, but they have a nice little collection going on so I'm pleased! You can buy these, and their other designs, here.

{Images: Tesco Direct}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...