Sunday 14 August 2011

9 of the Best... Armchairs

We all love our Eames and our Bertoia chairs, but sometimes, after a long day, all you want to do is just collapse into a squishy armchair by the fire, right? So I have put together my pick of the best comfy (but still stylish) armchairs out there at the minute. One of them costs over £4000 however (eek!), but can you guess which one?
1. Little Moo, John Lewis, £999
2. Mr Bright, John Lewis, £899
3. Astrid Posey, Anthropologie, £1298
4. Stockholm (in Blad Brown), Ikea, £239
5. Oslo, Dwell, £399
6. Alberton Leather, Laura Ashley, price on request
7. Vitra Heart Cone Chair by Verner Panton, Heals, £2064
8. Quilt armchair, Established and Sons, Nest, £4260
9. Bump, John Lewis, £1400

Did you guess right? Pricey, yes, but just look how COMFORTABLE it looks! I want to collapse into it now! (You may be able to tell that I am writing this post after a very exhausting day at work!)
My personal favourite from the selection is the cowhide chair from John Lewis. I really like this as the cowhide print will suit most interior styles (it would suit my fairly industrial style apartment and it wouldn't look out of place in a country style decor either) and it gives the room a statement piece without taking over the room. It doesn't scream 'look at me!' but is a gorgeous piece to swoon over at the same time.
Although armchairs in general are quite expensive, I do think they are a investment piece that will be part of your home for a long time. They are comfortable, practical and will last forever. You can even reupholster most chairs if you get bored of the colour or pattern.
Which one do you like the best?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...